The Director of People Operations will work as a strategic partner to business units and serves as a resource on all Human Resources related matters for both HQ and Retail team members. This role is the head of the human resources function, responsible for the development and execution of people (HR) strategies and initiatives, day-to-day tactical responsibilities, helping leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the employee experience. This person will drive key initiatives and projects in areas such as such as recruiting, compliance, leave administration, organization design, diversity, and leadership development. Reports directly to the CEO.
The successful candidate will have HIGH INTEGRITY and be a trusted right hand to the CEO as you help shape the future of the company. The role requires significant generalist experience across all HR functions in a retail or ecommerce company (compensation, learning & development, recruiting, benefits, employee relationships, etc.), with a background working both with smaller, startup organizations, as well as large corporate HR teams.
DON’T DO A JOB, FIX A PROBLEM
- Lead the administration, coordination, and strategic initiatives of the human resources function; design and deliver strategies to meet rapidly changing business and talent needs
- Develop, implement, and seek ways to improve upon all people-related programs; training, employee development, cultural growth, performance management, compensation, regulatory management and expansion and scalability of all people processes
- Provide guidance on various employment policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal compliance (EEO, ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, etc.) in all of the jurisdictions in which we operate and face regulation; Implement consistent HR initiatives, processes and policies across the organization
- Create, implement, and monitor safety programs and additional risk related or standard operating procedures for employees, including providing training and ensuring compliance
- Manage benefit plans and negotiate renewals and implementation of all employee benefits including 401K
- Oversee payroll functions including processing and HRIS management to ensure all are completed accurately and within legal compliance standards
- Ensure all employees are provided an exceptional employment experience with the ability for growth and development as appropriate
- Directly supervise People Ops team members who are responsible for areas of payroll, benefits, recruiting, learning & development, etc.
- Work to resolve employee relations challenges with empathy and emotional intelligence
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members’ performance and overall organizational effectiveness
- Continuously think about our customers, team members, and business, and accept personal accountability for driving results
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 7-10+ years of progressively complex human resources experience required, preferably some of those years in a production environment experiencing organizational change
- Ability to work as and be viewed as a trusted business partner to the organization
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated success influencing at senior levels in multiple organizations
- Demonstrated success operating at a strategic level along with extensive knowledge of HR policies and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to diagnose the systemic issues and look at holistic solutions
- Highly effective communicator/collaborator, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and concepts and ability to build strong relationships at all levels and cross functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, contribute and thrive within a fast-paced team environment
- Must be able to navigate through ambiguity and frequent change
- Experience working in organizations of high growth
- B.S./B.A in HR or a related field required; SHRM and/or HRCI certification a plus, Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field strong plus
Local candidates only. No visa sponsorship offered for this role. This role is not available for fully remote work.