Seeking strategic insights and analytics expert to build and lead in a high volume ecommerce environment (NEW POSITION). Report directly to the CEO. This high growth ecommerce company (direct to consumer retail) will be a multi-billion-dollar company in a few short years. You and your teams will drive the analytics, strategy, and execution that enable this growth. As the head of analytics and insights, you will be responsible for building and developing the team, improving the process, and generating better results. Perfect role for a current executive leader or senior consultant of Insights, Analytics, or Data Science at an ecommerce, retail, or consumer-facing company. Note: this role is all about execution, getting things done, and utilizing data to identify the most important business initiatives.
- Culture enhancement, team development, and relentless pursuit of optimization and continuous improvement
- Define data strategy: collection, warehousing, providing insights to the company, and driving strategic results
- Actually make things happen across the company; this isn't a reporting function, this is a core capability to drive performance and do big things
- Educate and empower the organization (all departments) to become analytically proficient and improve data-driven decision making
- Convert analytics insights into stories that resonate with teams and drive positive business outcomes
- Drive proprietary creation of data solutions, with the company's own top notch developers and builders
- Influence and lead analytics and insights across all company functions (fulfillment operations, customer experience, finance, consumer loyalty, merchandising, technology, logistics, human resources, pricing), even when departments might have various aspects already integrated
- Exemplify the culture of automation, with a constant focus on process improvement
- Keep raising the bar!
- 5+ years experience leading people and building teams, including experience leading Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- 10+ years of experience building and leading data analytics capabilities in a high growth environment
- Extensive statistical software programming knowledge and abilities
- Experience in leading data warehousing strategies
- Proven abilities to identify, inform, and execute major projects and programs that impact total company profitability
The company has very aggressive yet achievable growth targets as they expand exponentially. Multiple distribution centers in the United States, more coming online. Unlimited growth potential, and this is the chance to lead something big that will mean something even bigger. We look for leaders who embody the company's mantra:
Be relentless. Pursue challenges. Act like an owner. Raise your bar. Practice humility. Make the company better.
This isn't a job or career, this is a lifestyle and it's not for the faint of heart. But for the rare leader who is driven by the challenge and flourishes in a high growth, high opportunity environment, this will be a lot of fun.
Expect to break out of your comfort zone to tackle problems and pursue innovative solutions. If you’re looking for a challenge and a career you can grow with, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Relocation available for ideal candidates. Remote work options not available for this position.