Do you thrive on building new capabilities, be the first to enable tools and processes that drive company profitability, all while building your own team and cross-functional relationships in a big opportunity retailer? Our exciting retail client is seeking a transformational workforce management leader to build and optimize store labor improvements.
The ideal candidate would have experience with WFM software solution Reflexis. Strong experience desired from successful specialty retailers with high volume and high value for customers (e.g., dollar store formats, non-big-box retailers with high percentages of private label hardgoods at lower customer prices).
The Senior Director, Labor Management is a new position that will lead the design and development of retail operations processes that drive store labor efficiency and optimization. The ideal candidate is a builder who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and who is driven to improve processes and tools. This role is perfect for a problem-solving Director, Senior Director, or Vice President who has deep experience with store workforce planning. A continuous improvement mindset and critical eye for detail are key aspects of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Store Operations to optimize store labor costs, along with all associated processes, metrics, reporting, and systems
- Manage annual labor planning process and regular financial forecasts
- Develop and execute a comprehensive workforce management and analytics strategy that effectively leverages resources and optimizes the retail store labor budget
- Forecast payroll, challenge and influence stakeholders to increase performance and efficiency
- Develop and maintain reporting and analysis on labor utilization and KPI results
- Foresee, analyze, and communicate labor impacting initiatives
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure clear direction and data integrity for all reporting and analysis
- Creatively looks beyond obvious answers to identify effective solutions that produce results
- Create financial reporting and presentations for senior executive team and board of directors
- Complete ad-hoc requests for complex data analysis and business-critical initiatives and reporting
Knowledge and Skills
- 6+ years of retail financial analysis experience, including 3+ years analyzing store labor
- BA/BS required, Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- Deep understanding of financial statements and the related line items relevant to profitability
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel and statistics to develop reports and financial models
- High level of comfort navigating and managing large data sets, with the skill to draw out key insights
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional initiatives and build high-performing teams
No visa sponsorship offered for this position. Local candidates preferred. Relocation within the U.S. possible for ideal candidates.