JDA planning and allocation system experience required. In absence of JDA expertise, deep systems operating knowledge required with planning and replenishment software.
Our retail client is implementing a new strategic vision and plan to expand profitable operations. Exciting time for a transformational MP&A leader to drive performance and make a significant and lasting impact on the company. This position is open due to internal promotion.
In this role you will:
Monitor the company’s supply chain process and identifies inefficiencies to improve flow from vendors to distribution centers (DCs) to stores. Develop and establish improvements in the inventory management infrastructure, process and systems. Responsible for efficiently managing and utilizing the company’s inventory to achieve optimum levels of margin, turns and in-stock.
- Overall direction of the inventory management system to include in-stock levels, logistics cycles, floor space utilization, and inventory efficiencies to include weeks of supply, safety stock, and lead times
- Drive sales per square foot and gross margin per square foot by partnering with the buyers/merchants to ensure that the SKU base is delivering the minimum metric expectations
- Provides the infrastructure, process and procedures to proactively ensure that the company avoids inefficient supply chain issues while ensuring appropriate inventory levels/supply in the DCs
- Assess and ensures that inventory is flowing through the DCs while ensuring not to build inventory excess.
- Works closely with DC operations, transportation, sourcing and merchandising to ensure timely flow of merchandise
- In collaboration with merchants, develops relationships with vendors to secure on time deliveries and achieve fill rate commitments
- Plans and directs all allocation policies, procedures, and objectives
- Selects, develops and leads high performing replenishment / re-buyer team
- Leads the pricing strategy to ensure that the company optimizes price as a key sales driver
- Leads the implementation and future utilization of the price optimization technology to ensure that its leveraged to its fullest potential
- Plans and directs all pricing policies, objectives and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 or more years of corporate retail experience in inventory management, merchandising, planning, or finance
- Expert in business intelligence software and Excel
- Excellent capabilities in leading high performing planning and allocation teams
No visa sponsorship offered for this position. Local candidates preferred. Relocation within the U.S. possible for ideal candidates.